Saturday, May 28, 2011

Where the wind comes sweeping

This morning me and mine are off to Oklahoma for my 2nd grandaughters 2nd birthday.  Last Christmas I was suppose to make this for her.
The decoupage finish made it hard to get a picture without a serious glare.  For this one I turned off the flash and held my breath while snapping the shot.


Here is the other side. The shot was taken before the decoupage was dry.




As I am putting these up I have realized that in the pictures they don't have the same look and feel as when it is in my hand.

This little guy is  blurry but so cute I let him in anyway.

Enough photo torture!  I don't care what these pictures look like it really turned out cute.

What is it?  I don't know. I made it up. It is themed. Can you guess the theme? It has four compartments each with a lid. Can you guess what kind of  "coffee" I drink?  I still have to buy some child safe spray finish to put on it to help with waterproofing but that is going to have to happen in Oklahoma.

I made my first two for my oldest granddaughter and her baby sister for Christmas. Then Christmas snuck on up and I didn't have time for Lo lo's.

As we were getting ready to go yesterday I told Scout to bring me some hangers so I could hang the little bit of laundry that wasn't coming with us.

 She brought me this:


So I turned it into her suitcase for the trip. Her suit case is full of dress up clothes to use with the children she knows she will see while she is there. A girl has to have priorities after all!

 Ah wants my coffee now and we leave in about two hours, HA, Yeah right. I don't know if I will have much time on line until I get back but I will try to post at least once over the next four days.

 Into the wind I go!


I always have such a hard time transitioning from where I am to where I go.

2 comments:

  1. Cute idea. Enjoy your trip and be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are so talented.

    I am so jealous you are going to Oklahoma. I grew up there and miss it!

    ReplyDelete